- Appraise Your Trade-In
- Offers & Rewards
- Parts & Service
Ford Towing Guides
Ford RV and trailer towing products continue to provide reliability and performance. Whatever your towing need is, there is a Ford vehicle or chassis to fill it.
Download this year’s towing guide to learn more about the different trailer weights and towing packages we currently offer.
Factors That Impact Towing Capacity
A good rule of thumb in the towing world is this: know before you tow. That means finding out your Ford vehicle’s exact towing capacity before you attempt to move a payload. The towing capacity for your particular vehicle is based on several factors, including:
- The equipment package(s) included with your vehicle
- The weight and structure of the payload you want to tow
- The number of passengers with you at the time of the tow
How to Determine Your Towing Capacity
To find information about your vehicle’s towing capacity, you can:
- Reference How do I use the Ford Online Towing Calculator and Ford Online Towing Calculator Frequently Asked Questions.
- Reference the RV & Trailer Towing Guide for your vehicle’s model year. The RV & Towing Guide includes the following information:
- Trailer Towing Selector (trailer weight by vehicle and powertrain)
- Trailer Towing Equipment (information on required items for certain weights)
- Maximum Trailer Weight and Towing Equipment Packages
- Know Before You Tow (important information about towing including payload calculations)
For the towing capacity of model year vehicles 1998 and older, please contact our Customer Relationship Centre at 1-800-565-3673.